The way you smell is so important. Let me repeat that…the way you smell is so important!
Earlier, I wrote about the science and art of choosing and wearing a fragrance. I don’t know how many times people walk past me and stop me to ask what cologne I’m wearing. I don’t say this to boast (yes I am 🙂 ). But that should indicate the importance of smell when a complete stranger stops you to tell you, “You smell good” and steps even closer to take a whiff. I find it damn erotic to smell someone with delight and here I am being undressed with someone’s nose.
Take heed my friends, investment in the way you smell.
Here’s a quick refresher on wearing fragrance.
1. Remember one important rule when you are shopping for new cologne: don’t just choose one that has a nice smell. Test them yourself but be sure to bring friends to judge their reaction. Be sure to test the reaction of your significant other as well. Some colognes smell good in the air, but not on you, while others can even trigger unpleasant memories.
2. Try a few colognes and rotate them from day to day. Predictability isn’t always a good thing, and if you have someone in your life who loves the way you smell, surprise them from time to time.
3. Don’t make the mistake of scrimping and then buying a number of less expensive colognes. Instead, if you are shopping on a budget, try smaller-sized versions to still switch it up and retain the quality.
4. Avoid spraying cologne to your clothes. The scent won’t stick around longer than a few hours, and you won’t get that individual scent that is created when your natural scents mix with the cologne.
5. Compile a list of new colognes that you’ve read about before you start shopping for a new scent. It can be overwhelming once you start looking for your cologne, and you’ll never remember your whole list!
Please share with everyone a fragrance that either you wear or enjoy smelling on someone else.