The way you smell is so important. Let me repeat that…the way you smell is so important!
Earlier, I wrote about the science and art of choosing and wearing a fragrance. I don’t know how many times people walk past me and stop me to ask what cologne I’m wearing. I don’t say this to boast (yes I am 🙂 ). But that should indicate the importance of smell when a complete stranger stops you to tell you, “You smell good” and steps even closer to take a whiff. I find it damn erotic to smell someone with delight and here I am being undressed with someone’s nose.
Take heed my friends, investment in the way you smell.
Here’s a quick refresher on wearing fragrance.
1. Remember one important rule when you are shopping for new cologne: don’t just choose one that has a nice smell. Test them yourself but be sure to bring friends to judge their reaction. Be sure to test the reaction of your significant other as well. Some colognes smell good in the air, but not on you, while others can even trigger unpleasant memories.
2. Try a few colognes and rotate them from day to day. Predictability isn’t always a good thing, and if you have someone in your life who loves the way you smell, surprise them from time to time.
3. Don’t make the mistake of scrimping and then buying a number of less expensive colognes. Instead, if you are shopping on a budget, try smaller-sized versions to still switch it up and retain the quality.
4. Avoid spraying cologne to your clothes. The scent won’t stick around longer than a few hours, and you won’t get that individual scent that is created when your natural scents mix with the cologne.
5. Compile a list of new colognes that you’ve read about before you start shopping for a new scent. It can be overwhelming once you start looking for your cologne, and you’ll never remember your whole list!
Please share with everyone a fragrance that either you wear or enjoy smelling on someone else.
Well boys and boys,
The shipment from my Chinese manufacturer arrived on Saturday in California. The lot of Disco Valante underwear is going through customs right now. (I am clicking my heels as I am jumping up and down)
The graphic design for the NEW look of the DV website was completed this weekend. I decided that the intro page (pic above) that you guys have been viewing for the last year isn’t the direction I want to take the DV web presence. My graphic designer, from the Netherlands, has worked long and hard on making the webshop look and feel better than any other underwear company out there today. I am debating on releasing a sneek peek of the new web design but if you’ve waited a almost a year another two weeks won’t hurt. 🙂
Also, the technical build out of the website will start today.
There are still a few kinks to work out with the warehousing situation but I know we can remedy the situation.
I want to thank all the people that email asking when the site will launch. I know I have pushed back the launch on several occasions but now it WILL happen.
Silk scarfs are sooo bad ass! I know what you are thinking, “Who in the hell wears scarfs?”.
The first person is Fred from the cartoon Scooby Doo. Fred was the alpha male pimp of the cartoon. He was always off with Daphne getting busy while Shaggy, Velma, and Scooby did all the real work. Secondly, the Marlboro Man. American cigarette pop icon, Marlboro Man, was a roughneck cowboy who could drive cattle and drink whiskey like water. And lastly, yours truly. The creator of Disco Valante and Jock Muscle and the baddest mofo you’ll ever know.
Admittedly, I do get a number of stares because most people have never seen a guy wear a silk scarf. However, the first rule about having style is you cannot look like everyone else.
I hear you laughing and saying, “Only queeny guys wear shit like that.”. NO. NO. NO. I would venture to say the more masculine you are, the better the overall atmosphere of style you exude while wearing a neck accessory like a bandana or silk scarf. Style is about having the confidence to wear unconventional items that create a sense of coolness.
So cowboy the fuck up, be a man, and tie on a silk scarf.
These two wonderful companies have shown me so much support with Disco Valante and Jock Muscle.
GayListDaily covers the hottest products for GBLT consumers and JGUYUSGUY is a social networking site where Japanese and non-Japanese guys can meet.
Please show them much love!
I must apologize. I have so many things going on at one time. I have Jock Muscle, I am leaving the military, I am trying to find a new job, and the launch of DISCO VALANTE this month.
It has been a real journey for me getting this clothing line off the ground. Being stationed in the Middle East, production delays, money problems, production delays, and PRODUCTION DELAYS. The first run of Disco Valante underwear is now somewhere in the Pacific Ocean on a container ship from Shanghai on its way to Long Beach, California.
I had the photo shoot for DV about two Friday’s ago in New York City. I didn’t even get to enjoy the cityt. I took the train from Washington, DC to NYC, walked to the studio, and then returned back to Washington that same night. The shoot went really well. The handsome fellow above is not me but he is the face of Disco Valante. Greg is a up and coming model from New York.
My graphic designer is helping me redesign the look of the DV website now. Hopefully, we will be finished by tomorrow.
It is amazing that this blog has become so successful…I constantly get inquires for sales via email everyday. That makes me feel really good about my chances for success. Keep reading!!!