Now, you can also get automatic email updates and RSS feeds from the Jock Muscle blog.
Maybe it has been my naiviety over the last few years but are gym locker rooms really that gay or is it because I have engulfed myself into the gay physce with the start of this underwear company that a whole new world has unfolded.
I feel like I see this whole new world of man-on-man sexual under current that exists. I notice how some men take unusually long to put on their clothes, want to talk to you while you are undressing, or stare at you through the mirrors. I never really paid much attention before but now everything is gay to me. (By the way, why do my gay friends insist everybody they see walking down the street is gay?)
Am I just imagining this because I never noticed such behavior before.
I asked my non-hetero friends about guys at the gym and I have heard stories that my innocent ears weren’t old enough to hear. However, could I capitalize on this? Should I take extra long walks through the locker room sporting my Disco Valante underwear while sipping Jock Muscle shakes and accept those creepy comments from old guys of “I think your underwear is hot” and then drop a business card or company flyer in their hand?
Do anyone have any locker room stories of bad protocol at their gym? Any good stories to share with the DV blog readers?
It’s summer time and everyone is pouring on the lotion and sizzlin’ in the summer sun to get that bronze skin complexion. Since everyone isn’t bold enough to sun tan naked, people get these killer tan lines. Sometimes when I see someone with a good tan and an extremely white booty I laugh really hard to myself. Then sometimes I think it can be really hot in a very strange way…to me at least.
Maybe when I launch my swim suit line and everyone has a Disco Valante tan line, I will love it.
So are tan lines hot or should you go to the tanning bed and even it out?
Fashion isn’t just about what you wear however, but how you wear it! You could take the exact same clothing and put it on two different men and it could look completely different. No matter what type of clothing it is, the fashions will look better on a man that is in shape than on a man that it is out of shape.
Taking care of your body is simply a matter of making a few minor changes to your lifestyle such as diet and exercise. Working out a few hours at the gym every week won’t kill you and you will definitely see a difference in your body. You’ll feel better about your body, be more confident and, therefore, look better in whatever you choose to wear.
With that being said, when developing your own personal style the most important thing to remember is to stay true to yourself. Just because a men’s fashion trend looked great on your favorite actor doesn’t necessarily mean it’s for you. If you’re uncomfortable in it, chances are it isn’t the style for you.
There are enough styles of men’s clothing out there that everyone should be able to find their own personal style. Developing your own style should always be fun. When you discover what style works for you, you’ll see that striving to look your best isn’t work at all; it just comes naturally.
I feel the hardest of part of working out isn’t the actual activity but the mental focus of going and staying concentrated once there. Occasionally, I do feel unmotivated to work out. Being sexy is mentally straining at times.
I put together a list of tips to get you pumped about going to the gym. This list is not the end all, be all but it does have some things you can do to keep yourself going to the gym long after the New Year’s crowed has quit.
Set Small Goals:
Sometimes it much easier to think of taking the next step than it is to look at climbing the entire mountain. Set small weekly goals (1 lb a week) instead of looking at what you want to accomplish a year from now.
Pictures can be very inspirational! Regardless of what you think of those magazines, having a picture to look at is helpful in letting your mind capture an image of what you want. Once your mind has the image, you will start to take actions in life to accomplish that.
How do you think Rocky Balboa gets pumped during the training montage? It’s the kick ass tunes! Your favorite mix of high energy inducing jams is just what you need to get into the zone and feel pumped up. If you like music and it doesn’t bother you at all, then consider it for an extra boost when you don’t feel like working out. Music can easily put you into the mood.
The best motivation is somebody else with a like goal that wants to accomplish what you want as well. When you feel down and out and not really into it, this person might pull you along. When you can’t get that last rep out, they are there to give you a spot. It’s so much easier to have a training partner you can trust that motivates you. If they are a little competitive that might not hurt either. You can both use each other’s energy to push yourself.
Many people want to workout but feel without structure, they just get lost and bored. Being in a class can really help focus in on your goals with structured objectives in mind. If you don’t like working out alone, a class might be an idea option. Especially when you don’t know where to being and you like the idea of instruction.
A times they get a bad rap, but if you find a good one, then paying for a mentor is precisely what you need. Shelling out those hard earned dollars for a package of training sessions can really motivate you to keep going. They are also your paid training partner. They can help push you and adjust your program for progressive resistance and growth. A good personal trainer can help design you a program and nutritional plan that meets your needs. Their watchful eye on your exercise form is critical as well. Not all personal trainers are worth their weight in gold. Get a trainer that’s in shape and not some fat ass!!!
One of my favorite motivational techniques is to try something new. When your routine becomes boring and stagnant, there’s nothing like trying new stuff to spice it up and keep you interested. Having a new plan of action can keep you mentally fresh and your body challenged.
I hope to see you all at the gym after you finish reading my blog and sending my web address in a mass email to all your friends! Hint, hint!
The definition of an onion booty is an ass that looks so good it makes you want to cry. 😉 By a show of hands, who doesn’t want an onion booty? Just as I predicted, everyone wants a plump, round ass. Flat butts aren’t flattering when attempting to fill out a pair of underwear, a bikini, or a pair of jeans. Therefore, your friend, Disco Valante, wants to help you achieve a meaty backside. Today’s exercise tutorial will be the squat. Squats must be performed if you want to build large, powerful legs and buttocks.
Weight lifting exercise position
1. Take a barbell from a squat rack and hold it at the back of your neck with your hands on the bar. Keep you back and head straight. Your feet should be spaced at shoulder width. If you cannot squat flat footed, try placing a two by four block of wood under your heel to improve balance.
2. Grasp the bar with your hands spaced slightly wider than shoulder width apart.
3. The bar should be resting comfortably across your trapezius muscle.
1. In a controlled fashion, slowly squat down until your knees are parallel to the floor. Remember not to bounce at the bottom of the movement.
2. Slowly straighten your legs and return to the start position. Keep your head level at all times.
3. Keep the movement fluent, slow, and controlled.
I hope this helps you firm of you ass-et. Send us a photo of your onion booty wearing underwear and we’ll post your image in a blog entry.
Disco Valante is in the men’s underwear business and let me tell you nothing exudes sexiness like a model with a tight six pack sporting fashionable briefs. Everyman’s dream is to have that sterotypical male model body. Who doesn’t want a six pack? The six pack is the most coveted muscle group. Wash board abs give you confidence to take off your shirt regardless of the situation. The beach season is here and Disco Valante wants to help you strut down the sand with killer abs with an ongoing series dedicated to abs. Lesson 1, the crunch.
1.Lie on the floor (using a mat is much better to prevent back pain).
2.Bend your knees up as far as they go.
3. Cross your arms in front of your chest. Do not place both hands behind your head. Placing both hands behind your head can cause lower back problems in the long run as it places unnecessary stress on that part of your body from pulling on your head and neck. Another alternative to crossing your arms in front of your chest is to lightly place your finger tips behind your ears, without pulling on your neck or ears to help raise you off the floor.
4. Draw in your abdomen towards your spine while inhaling through your nose.
5. Now raise your shoulders (upper torso) towards your knees, using strictly your abdominal muscles. It is very important not to lift your entire back off the floor, as this can cause back strain, and the extended movement does not help you develop six pack abs any faster. The most important part of the crunch is the initial flexing of your abs as you lift your shoulders off of the floor.
6. As soon as you begin lifting off the floor exhale through your mouth, ending with a gasp once your shoulders are off the floor.
7. Pause for a second once you are at the top of the crunch and exhale the last bit of air from your diaphragm while flexing your abs. The proper breathing and flexing make all the difference.
8. Lower back down in a slow and controlled manner while inhaling through your nose, just until your shoulder blades touch the ground. Do not let your head touch the ground.
-Make sure to use your abs, not your neck, to do crunches
-Doing crunches outside in the grass at a park or community center is a lot more comfortable than on a hard floor.